You are hereBack to top
Bookshop Benicia: Job Description
Job Description: Bookseller
Bookshop Benicia is an independent bookstore that has been serving Solano County since 1993. We are passionate about community, shopping local and providing our customers with the highest level of service. We are looking for booksellers who are enthusiastic about books and can share their passion with customers.
• Aid customers in locating books within our inventory, as well as special ordering books not currently in-stock
• Greet and establish a rapport with customers, answering questions, engaging in conversations about our store, inventory, services and community
• Complete customer sales as a cashier in a fast and kind manner
• Assist in ordering and receiving inventory, shelving books and merchandising sidelines
• Maintain store appearance. Examples: Straightening/alphabetizing shelves, setting/maintaining displays, routine maintenance (vacuuming, dusting, windows, etc.)
• Support our core beliefs of shopping local/independent, providing great customer service and acting as a resource for literacy in our community.
• Previous bookselling or retail/and or library experience preferred
• Ability to speak with customers and willingness to help them find the book or item they need
• Enjoy working with all people and being a good listener
• Ability to work as a team and take direction when necessary
• Comfortable using computers and handling money
• Ability to multitask, adapt quickly and follow through with tasks/projects
• Ability to perform certain physical activity, including prolonged standing, repetitive bending, and lifting
• Able to work weekends and holidays
• Some flexibility in schedule preferred
• Writing experience for doing reviews, press releases etc.